Speaking after FC Köln qualified for European football on Saturday, Anthony Modeste commented on his future at the Bundesliga side.
“Who said I was leaving the club? I have a contract until 2023 and I’m enjoying my time with my colleagues,” said Modeste.
The 34-year-old Frenchman has scored 19 Bundesliga goals this season and is partly the reason for Köln’s return to European football for the first time since 2017.
Modeste has one-year remaining on his current deal and there had been reports suggesting that a departure could be likely if a new contract agreement wasn’t reached.
According to Bild, Modeste would like to stay in Köln for another year and two and possibly sign a contract extension before their European campaign.