Jamal Musiala, Mathys Tel and Youssoufa Moukoko are amongst the 10 Bundesliga players nominated for the coveted Golden Boy 2023, hosted by Tuttosport.
With 32 goal contributions (16 goals, 16 assists) in 47 games across all competitions for Bayern Munich, Musiala was arguably the Rekordmeister’s most important player of their campaign. At just 20, Musiala has established himself as a generational talent and his goal secured Bayern Munich the Bundesliga title on the final day of the season with an 89th minute winner against Köln.
Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappé and Erling Haaland have all won the coveted award while Barcelona’s Gavi won it last year. Mario Götze remains the only German to have won the award, in 2011.
10 Bundesliga talents named amongst nominees
- Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich)
- Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen)
- Benjamin Šeško (RB Leipzig, previously RB Salzburg)
- Mathys Tel (Bayern Munich)
- Jamie Bynoe-Gittens (Borussia Dortmund)
- Youssoufa Moukoko (Borussia Dortmund)
- Tim Oermann (Bochum)
- Arne Engels (Augsburg)
- Luca Netz (Borussia Mönchengladbach)
- Kevin Paredes (Wolfsburg)
These 10 players are amongst nominees such as Xavi Simons (PSV), Rayan Chekiri (Lyon), Rico Lewis (Manchester City), Levi Colwill (Chelsea), Alejandro Garnacho (Manchester United), Fabio Miretti (Juventus), who are all up for the prestigious award.
GGFN | Daniel Pinder