In this weekly feature, hosts of the Gegenpressing podcast Stefan Bienkowski and Manu Veth face off with their predictions for the forthcoming Bundesliga matchday fixtures. It’s three points for a correct score and one point for a correct result. Who will come out on top at the end of the season?
Manu’s Game of the Week: FC Köln vs Bayer Leverkusen
My match of the week is the Rheinderby between Köln and Leverkusen. The obvious fact that this is a derby with all its implications, it will be interesting to see whether Leverkusen’s result against Union was just a glitch or the start of something bigger. Köln, in the meantime, were the only German club to have crashed out of Europe entirely and seem to be in free fall. Both teams need to win this, derby or not.
- Wolfsburg 1-2 Borussia Dortmund
- Bayern Munich 3-0 Werder Bremen
- Bochum 1-3 Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Stuttgart 2-2 Hertha Berlin
- Köln 0-3 Bayer Leverkusen
- RB Leipzig 3-1 Freiburg
- Union Berlin 2-1 Augsburg
- Eintracht Frankfurt 2-0 Hoffenheim
- Schalke 0-1 Mainz
Stefan’s Game of the Week: RB Leipzig v Freiburg
My match of the week has to be RB Leipzig v Freiburg. Not only do these two clubs represent opposite ends of the scale when it comes to different types of football clubs in Germany, but they’re also two of the most in-form teams in the Bundesliga right now. Off the pitch, it’s likely to be a chaotic affair and there should be just as much excitement on it too.
- Wolfsburg 2-2 Borussia Dortmund
- Bayern Munich 3-1 Werder Bremen
- Bochum 1-1 Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Stuttgart 0-2 Hertha Berlin
- Köln 1-2 Bayer Leverkusen
- Eintracht Frankfurt 3-1 Hoffenheim
- RB Leipzig 2-1 Freiburg
- Schalke 0-0 Mainz
- Union Berlin 1-0 Augsburg
Scores after MD13: Manu – 74, Stefan – 59.