In this weekly feature, hosts of the Gegenpressing podcast Stefan Bienkowski and Manu Veth face off with their predictions for the forthcoming Bundesliga matchday fixtures. It’s three points for a correct score and one point for a correct result. Who will come out on top at the end of the season?
Manu’s Game of the Week: Borussia Dortmund vs Bochum
My match of the week is the Ruhrderby between Dortmund and Bochum. Matches between Schalke, Dortmund and Bochum are always special. These cities are all closely packed together in Germany’s former industrial heartland. Just 20 minutes on public transport separate Dortmund and Bochum and as such this is a proper derby. With that in mind, this game might be more difficult for Dortmund than the table suggests and that should add some further intrigue to an already fascinating derby.
- Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-1 Stuttgart
- Borussia Dortmund 3-2 Bochum
- Mainz 1-3 Wolfsburg
- Hoffenheim 1-2 RB Leipzig
- Augsburg 0-3 Eintracht Frankfurt
- Hertha Berlin 2-2 Bayern Munich
- Werder Bremen 2-1 Schalke
- Bayer Leverkusen 1-2 Union Berlin
- Freiburg 3-1 Köln
Stefan’s Game of the Week: Bayer Leverkusen vs Union Berlin
I can’t look beyond Leverkusen vs Union on Sunday as my match of the week. Although it’s another big test for Urs Fischer’s side, I feel like Leverkusen’s tactics and team could end up playing right into their opponent’s hands on the day. Xabi Alonso has had a very difficult start to life at the Bay Arena and I’m not sure things are going to improve anytime soon.
- Borussia Mönchengladbach 2-1 Stuttgart
- Augsburg 1-2 Eintracht Frankfurt
- Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Bochum
- Hertha Berlin 1-3 Bayern Munich
- Hoffenheim 1-1 RB Leipzig
- Mainz 1-2 Wolfsburg
- Werder Bremen 2-0 Schalke
- Bayer Leverkusen 0-2 Union Berlin
- Freiburg 2-0 Köln
Listen: Bundesliga matchday 13 preview: Union face difficult Leverkusen challenge
Scores after MD12: Manu – 63, Stefan – 48.