FIFA has today revealed the candidates for the The Best FIFA Football Awards 2022. Nominated alongside the likes of Lionel Messi and Robert Lewandowski is Bundesliga duo, Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund) and Sadio Mané (Bayern Munich).
- Julián Álvarez (River Plate/Manchester City)
- Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
- Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund/Manchester City)
- Achraf Hakimi (PSG)
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich, Barcelona)
- Sadio Mané (Liverpool, Bayern Munich)
- Kylian Mbappé (PSG)
- Lionel Messi (PSG)
- Luka Modrić (Real Madrid)
- Neymar (PSG)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- Vinícius Junior (Real Madrid)
Amongst the names for The Best FIFA Women’s Player is: Lena Oberdorf (Wolfsburg) and Alexandra Popp (Wolfsburg). Martina Voss-Tecklenburg (Germany) has also been nominated for The Best FIFA Women’s Coach.
Previous winners include Robert Lewandowski, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Luka Modrić. Last year’s women’s award went to Barcelona’s Alexia Putellas.
Public voting via FIFA+ is open until February 3.
GGFN | Daniel Pinder